The following guidance has been issued by Weston-super-Mare Town Council:
Press release – Park opening information from Weston Town Council
We have been working hard to make our play areas as safe as possible and for them to fit into the government regulations to help stop the spread of COVID-19.
We are taking a staggered approach to opening the play areas and will announce each time we have opened a park. However, we are delighted to announce we expect we will have them all open by the end of this week. If you visit a play area and it is still closed, please do not enter until we have formally opened it.
Please be aware our play areas will not be sanitised. Therefore, we need your help to project all the families who use the play areas.
When visiting our play areas, you need to consider the following guidance and advice to make your visit as safe as possible for you and others. Whilst using play areas, please abide by all current COVID guidance issued by the government. It is recognised that adherence to social distancing between individuals and households can be particularly difficult in a playground setting. This will mean that other ways of minimising transmission risk should also be considered and those who choose to use this play equipment should remain aware of the residual risk.
It’s ESSENTIAL you –
- Check the current government guidelines on social distancing.
- Wash your hands. We cannot sanitise all our play areas so you must wash your hands before, after and during play. Use hand sanitiser or wipes when at the park.
- Consider others when playing. Take turns on equipment and keep your social distance.
- The guidance issued by the government also offers further advice on how you can help keep safe and limit the spread of the virus –
- If the park looks too busy to use in order to maintain social distance, please consider returning at a quieter time.
- Maintain the current social distance measures at all times.
- Consider cleaning where there are clear touchpoints such as swing rockers, before and after use.
- We encourage you to bring hand sanitiser gel or wipes to clean children’s hands, as well as washing/sanitising hands more often than usual, for 20 seconds particularly at the beginning and end of play.
- Try and not touch your face. Cough or sneeze into a tissue.
- Please encourage children to not put their mouths on equipment or their hands in their mouths.
- Parents, guardians or carers should dispose of all litter including any used protective wear such as face coverings or gloves properly in litter bins, taking it home where a bin is not provided or is full.
We are very much looking forward to opening the gates and allowing children to play. Thank you so much for your patience.
Communications and Marketing Officer
T: 01934 632 567
Weston-super-Mare Town Council